Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Only in America

PREFACE: I mean the title in a good way. I am not a particularly political person. I have my opinions and I vote in both national and local elections. I also listen to political commentary and read about candidates before elections so I can make informed choices.

On my way to work this morning I was listening to primary election results. The winner of one congressional primary is likely to be the first Muslim elected to Congress. This made me smile. But what made me think "only in America" was the newscaster saying what state this congressional district is in.

Do you know? It wasn't New York.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was curious, so I googled it. Those Minnesotans are a pretty independent bunch, aren't they? :)

Ursula said...

Wow! Minnesota? Wow!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your good wishes! I really really appreciate it. :)