Sunday, September 16, 2007

Take a Poll

My writing seems to be taking a new direction. As part of my exploration of this change, I have two short polls for you.

1. Do you like your romances:

Sweet, Savory, or Spicy?
(Chaste) (Subtle) (Explicit)

2. With all the variety available in romancces, I've heard some readers say they wish they could find more "just plain" romance. What's your take on that?

As a thank you for everyone who comments, I'll send you an excerpt of my November historical from Cerridwen Press, My Lady Viking. And, no, the historical isn't the new direction I seem to be headed.

3 comments:

LauraP said...

Just this week I browsed the book sections at Wal-mart & the grocery stores (the only place to buy books w/in 80 miles), and it really struck me how little 'just romance' there was available. I think these things go in cycles, and maybe 'something different' for a lot of readers is now 'just romance.'

Anonymous said...

I like my romances savory with a little bit of spice

Vicky B said...

All of the above - it just depends on the book and my mood. :) But if I *had* to pick just one - savory.

Vicky B